Canada Visa Application requirements
In Canada, a student visa is often referred to as a ‘study permit’.
It is important that you make sure you have the correct study permit for your international studies before you leave for Canada.
The Canadian immigration authority is called the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
A study permit conditions can change quickly, you will need to make sure you follow up to date advice. The best place to find this advice is Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.
Volant Overseas counselor can direct you to the relevant IRCC information and can help you find authorized immigration representatives if need be.
Often you will need to have documents translated (If not in English) and couriered. Our team can step you through this so you have less paperwork to keep track of!
Arranging study permits or visa can feel daunting, but when you have the right support and direction, it can be achieved.
The student permit (student visa) allows an individual to enter Canada as a full-time student at an accredited community college, university or any other institution. In order to be eligible to apply for a student permit, a student must be enrolled in a program of study that culminates in a degree, diploma or certificate and the institution should be listed under Designated Learning institutions (DLI) list authorized by IRCC.
There are three categories where students can file their visa applications which are S.P.P., General, and University. Visa applications may be submitted at any of the ten application centers across India. Volant counselors provide information on procedures applicable to applicants who wish to apply for a visa to travel to Canada. Students have an option to lodge their Canada visa application through the online link available at IRCC website.
The following steps outline the process of applying for a study permit in Canada.
Step 1: Understand the Visa process
Step 2: Collate visa documents
Our counselor will support you to collate documents in support of your application for a study permit to Canada. The general sets of documents you will require for your study permit application comprises:
- Passport-size photographs 35mm x 45mm
- Unconditional letter of acceptance
- Fees receipt (recommended)
- Scholarship letter (if applicable)
- Any relevant correspondence with the institution
- Financial documents (IT returns form 16 last 2 years, Bank statement 3-6 months, FD, Loan approval, Sponsor letter, Rental income documents, MRO certificate or Passbook and CA statement
- Academic documents (10th, 12th, Bachelors Mark sheets and Degree certificates)
- Test scores (IELTS)
- Work experience certificates (if applicable)
- Medical report (if already undertaken).
- Application form IMM1294e and Fees CAD 150
- Family information IMM5645E
- Biometrics CAD 85
Step 3: Check provincial guidelines
Step 4: Submit application (online through IRCC website or paper submission at our offices for Canada)