McNeese State University

Established in 1939, McNeese State University is nationally ranked as one of the top public universities in the United States, is recognized as one of the finest regional universities in the area. Athletic programs of this university are NCAA-certified at the Division I level and it is a part of the reputable Southland Conference.

In 2013, McNeese inaugurated the Southwest Louisiana Entrepreneurial and Economic Development Center. The university has significantly contributed to the cultural and economic success of the state of Louisiana.

The McNeese campus, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, consists of the 121-acre main campus, the 503-acre Farm, the 65-acre Doland Athletics Complex, and nearly 1,600 acres of donated farm property used for research, farming, and ranching. The main campus, dotted with live oak trees and azaleas, comprises approximately 30 buildings.

Offering a plethora of amenities to give a better study experience, the campus of the university is safe, beautiful, and student-friendly. It has many facilities in it such as academic departments, a library, residence halls, a food court, and a recreation complex. In addition to these, the campus has a student union complex. Students can avail the benefits of various on-campus housing options available to them. The university has an Office of Campus Life department, which looks after the food and housing services offered to students.

The Spring academic session of the year 2020 saw an impressive number of enrolments in the university. In the academic year, the total estimated undergraduate enrolment was 6,037, and the graduate enrolment was 597. Here, 38.8% of the students were male, and the remaining 61.2% were female. McNeese State University is known for welcoming a diversity of students coming from different countries across the globe. In spring 2020, the international student enrolment for undergraduate courses was 363 and 41 for the graduate courses. The highest percentage of enrolment was for the Nursing and Health Professions courses offered by the university.

McNeese State University has produced many successful individuals. Some of the prominent names belonging to the university are sportsperson Fabulous Flournoy, famous musician Keith Frank, novelist Adam Johnson and entrepreneur Dennis Stine. Alumni are often awarded distinct honors and awards by the university to celebrate their achievements. Some of these awards are The Distinguished Alumnus Award, The Distinguished Service Award, and The Distinguished Faculty Award.

Enquiry