- This program offers a terminal Master of Science degree which prepares the student for a range of occupations in business, government, and human services, but excludes the provision of clinical services
- It also provides the student with the basic knowledge and skills appropriate for a graduate education which may serve as a foundation for programs offering doctoral training
- The master’s program has two goals
- The first is to provide the student with sufficient breadth in the methodology and content of psychology to demonstrate competence in two major areas: (1) Core areas of the discipline of psychology; and (2) Methods of the discipline of psychology
- A second goal of the program is to provide the student with sufficient information and skills to apply the knowledge of the discipline competently in their daily lives and careers
- At the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify major theoretical concepts in psychology, trace their historical development, and integrate theory, research, and domain-specific knowledge to explain and interpret how the field of psychology currently advances knowledge.
- Critique and synthesize theoretical and empirical articles from peer-reviewed scholarly journals in terms of theory, methods, data analyses, and conclusions in order to compose novel perspectives and ideas.
- Develop testable research questions, identify the strengths and limitations of research designs and data analysis techniques, conduct appropriate research and analytic strategies, and interpret the findings to situate them within the extant research literature in psychology.
- Describe and discuss the ethical issues associated with human subjects/participant protection and the sequence of procedures needed for IRB approval of research projects, and apply these ethical practices in research
|Tuition & fees||1291954 INR|
|Hostel & Meals||1022577 INR|
|Athletic Fee||7324 INR|
|Health plan||17578 INR|
|Class 12th||No specific cutoff mentioned|
|Bachelors||No specific cutoff mentioned|