- The program in philosophy is designed to aid students in thinking about these issues, by acquainting them with influential work in the field, past and present, and by training them to grapple with these issues themselves.
- The program emphasizes training in clear, critical thinking and in effective writing. Philosophy courses center around class discussions and the writing of interpretive and critical essays.
- The Philosophy major consists of nine semester courses: three required courses and six electives. The required courses are: any 100-level philosophy course, Philosophy 201 (History of Ancient Greek Philosophy) or Philosophy 202 (History of Modern Philosophy), and Philosophy 401 (Senior Seminar).
- The six electives are structured by a distribution requirement. Students must take at least one course in each of three areas: Contemporary Metaphysics and Epistemology [M&E], Contemporary Value Theory [V], and History [H].
- Philosophy is a discipline with a long and intricate history, a history that remains an integral part of the discipline. In this way it differs dramatically from the natural sciences
|Tuition & fees||4172483 INR|
|Hostel & Meals||1097868 INR|
|Activities & Residential House Fees||22704 INR|
|Application Fees||4761 INR|
|Class 12th||No specific cutoff mentioned|