- The Anthropology and Sociology program is committed to familiarizing students with the systematic analysis of culture and social life.
- While anthropology once tended to focus on pre-industrial peoples and sociology on peoples in industrial societies, both disciplines are now thoroughly involved in understanding the contemporary, globalizing world–albeit through the use of somewhat distinctive methodologies.
- Moreover, both disciplines share a common theoretical and epistemological history such that insights garnered from one are relevant to the other.
- Students will major in either Anthropology or Sociology
- Anthropology majors will normally take ANTH 112, 323, and 332, and at least one Sociology course.
- In addition, majors will take at least four additional Anthropology electives. Sociology majors will normally take SOCI 315, and 316 and at least one Anthropology course. In addition, majors will take at least five additional Sociology electives.
|Tuition & fees||4386343 INR|
|Hostel & Meals||1165248 INR|
|Student Services Fee||73240 INR|
|Books & Supplies||73240 INR|
|Personal Expenses||131832 INR|
|Application Fees||4761 INR|
|Class 12th||No specific cutoff mentioned|
25 or above recommended for each section
7.5 or above recommended for each component score